Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.9.0
It is possible to have cf-execd send email by setting mailto (and a few other attributes) in body executor control.
However, this can sometimes lead to undesirable email and there can be quite a lot of them since each client sends one email.
This issue is about designing a line-based email-filtering mechanism in cf-execd so it is possible to limit what gets emailed.
- It is possible to use an anchored regex list of lines to include. If this is used then only lines matching any of the list entries this will be emailed
- It is possible to use an anchored regex list of lines to exclude. If this is used then lines matching any of the list entries will not be emailed
- If both the include list and exclude list is used, a line is only included if it matches include and does not match exclude
- If all lines are filtered, no email is sent
- The content in $WORKDIR/output is not filtered
- If the settings are unused, then nothing is filtered and it behaves as 3.8
- The include and exclude lists are able to take at minimum 100 list entries each
- In the future, the model in CFE-1329 can be used to filter before it reaches the email filter (so both filters are in effect)