Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.11.0
This was discussed in the community advisory board meeting in relation to the proposal by Ted Zlatanov on the help list.
As discussed in the advisory board meeting:
The proposal is to add an attribute that allows you to specify the variable that is used for iteration. Any $(this) in the promise gets iterated. Perhaps $(this.k) and $(this.v) to support arrays.
The main benefits of this proposal are:
- Avoids necessity of creating intermediate variables
- This can make policy harder to read as the intermediate variables can obfuscate the intention. (Is this a string, a list, or an array element?)
- This can help with avoiding the duplication of data un-necessarily.
- Classic arrays are more expensive internally than data containers since each key value pair is its own variable.
- Perhaps use of this pattern will result in more efficient agent runs.
- This needs to be better clarified by a developer in the ticket.