Already in progress. Using https://github.com/termux/termux-packages to create a termux package for core cfengine.
I have many questions which I'd like to hash out as far as ease-of-use/design. Also related to
CFE-3286 , make cfengine useful in termux.
I'm going to just brain-dump here. Anyone (especially Nick Anderson maybe, please edit/adjust/add)
- [x] base cfengine package will include masterfiles as debian does https://packages.debian.org/buster/amd64/cfengine3/filelist
- [x] self hosted policy? (allow loopback bootstrap)
include as a command line option/override
- [x] bootstrap to server,
- [DEFER] how to deal with connectivity in/out associated with mobile
- [RUNS] cf-serverd, probably not right? What would it be used for if self-hosted policy?
- [RUNS] cf-execd, cron or some other means that is "standard" for termux
- [RUNS] cf-monitord
- [x] how to ease-of-use the install? =pkg install cfengine= should "just work" in some fashion
- [MANUAL] how/when to bootstrap?
should probably be a separate step done manually
- [x] =pkg install cfengine-masterfiles= right? How does debian handle it?
CFE-3288talks about adjusting MPF for android/termux non-priv use (NO: core+masterfiles package)
- [DEFER] non-priv versus root-priv packages?!
- [DEFER] enterprise packages
- [N] HUB packages? Why?
- [N] quickstart script?
- [N] cfengine hosted .debs? ENT-4005