Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 3.17.0
We should deprecate ifvarclass in favor of if:
- if is a much better name, ifvarclass is confusing to a new user and generally harder to read
- consistency is good, all examples, documentation, and generally policy that people see should use the same name
- The "alias" has caused a few bugs, because aliases of promise attributes are not really implemented in a good way
However, we will need to keep backwards compatibility for a long time.
What should be done:
- All examples should be updated to use if
- Most tests should be updated to use if
- masterfiles should be updated to only use if
- Documentation should be updated to clearly state that ifvarclass is not just an alias, but also deprecated and should not be used.