We currently have classes related to various aspects of time:
But we do not have corollary variables for these aspects of time.
It would be convenient if we had special sys variables for these.
Notably, this would enable loading inputs relating to time via augments. For example, I could load patching policy only on tuesdays.
And then in Tuesday.json I could have:
- sys.time_based_dom: Day21
- sys.time_based_gmt_pod: GMT_Afternoon
- sys.time_based_gmt_dom: GMT_Day21
- sys.time_based_gmt_hr: GMT_Hr16
- sys.time_based_gmt_month: GMT_June
- sys.time_based_gmt_lcycle: GMT_Lcycle_0
- sys.time_based_gmt_min_span_5: GMT_Min50_55
- sys.time_based_gmt_min: GMT_Min54
- sys.time_based_gmt_qoh: GMT_Q4
- sys.time_based_gmt_dow: GMT_Tuesday
- sys.time_based_gmt_yr: GMT_Yr2022
- sys.time_based_hr: Hr11
- sys.time_based_month: June
- sys.time_based_lcycle: Lcycle_0
- sys.time_based_min_span_5: Min50_55
- sys.time_based_min: Min54
- sys.time_based_pod: Morning
- sys.time_based_qoh: Q4
- sys.time_based_dom: Tuesday
- sys.time_based_year: Yr2022
Time based classes that are omitted from the list above are those that combine the Hour of the day with the quarter of the hour, e.g. GMT_Hr16_Q4, Hr16_Q4. I could not think of an abbreviation that made sense and it's achievable by combination.