Resolution: Won't Do
Affects Version/s: 1.0.1
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Ubuntu 14.04 on a Nvidia Tegra TK1
Repurposed this bug to a feature request to have Mender read back what it has written to verify it has been written correctly.
Originally submitted bug:
Original title: flashing of artifact returned success but image was broken
- using mender client in standalone mode
- uploading the artifact to the device via a custom REST API
- instead of storing the artifact as a file before passing it to the mender client, I stream it to a FIFO and let the mender client directly read from that
I just had a weird problem where some program was segfaulting right after I booted into the new image.
Debugging this I found out that there was a completely wrong block of 192k of data in the binary (I checked the hexdump of it).
After uploading the same image again (after a manual rollback so flashed to the same partition again) every thing was fine...
At least there was no corruption in any binaries that I started, hard to detect if there were problems in areas I didn't read/use).
Not really sure how to debug this further...