Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Somehow autodetect what the name of the kernel and dtb files are. Best is if this can be done during build time, but can also mean look at final device and see what it runs, using some convenient script and a small manual part.
- U-Boot recipe that somehow scans deployment output from bitbake and finds the right kernel and dtb file names that it can stuff into the bootcmd
- Automatic application of this information unto the generated bootcmd
- Ability to turn it off via Yocto PACKAGECONFIG mechanism.
- Off by default in pyro, on by default in master
Alternatively, if the above doesn't work:
- Very detailed steps for how to fetch this information from a running device without Mender, possibly with helper scripts if necessary. This would mean something like looking at bootargs during the bootloader stage, and/or looking at the contents of /boot.