Enable the usage of the "+" character when creating new users, workflows support it just fine.
It's a valid character for email addresses, but it causes the create organization workflow to fail in an inconsistent state.
- conductor uses the email verbatim in url calls, as a query string param
- go incorrectly interprets the '+' as space - the tenant is not found and it's a silent failure
The solution would be to:
- add an extra email-urlencoded field to the create_organization workflow (and to tenantadm's conductor client)
- propagate this field via the organization_created event to interested event listeners
- these are mostly saas-specific workflows: create_artifacts, create_tenant_demo_device
- use the urlencoded version where necessary
- allow existing workers and services use the existing email where encoding doesn't matter
This is a placeholder task, if we intend to take it it has to be broken down like a mini-epic.
We're deprioritizing this for now because of the scope of required changes/effort.