Status: To Do
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Epic Name:Epic template
Market Goal:* More adoption by supporting non-CLI (Windows, Mac) users better
Risk & mitigation:TBD
Epic Total Estimate:0
MEN-1812, we create CLI tools to convert images to support Mender.
In order to improve ease of use, in particular for prototyping and demo cases, it would be nice to have a UI on top of this CLI.
This UI will run locally (e.g. on a laptop) because the disk image files can be very large and it is much faster to process them locally.
User value (why)
- Easier to get started with mender-convert, no need to learn about CLI options
- It is possible to use a SD card or (possible compressed) .img file as input
- It is possible to configure server (URL, user, pass) once and re-use this configuration across future conversions
- Credentials are stored securely (e.g. just store token in home dir and ask for password if token expires, like mender-cli)
- The UI is cross platform and can easily run on Linux, Mac and Windows (e.g. python / web framework that can be packaged portably)
- (stretch goal) It is possible to upload Artifact to the configured Mender server after successful generation