Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Currently, there are duplicated recipes and documentation with regards to how to install the mender client on a device.
- Blog post
- Mender client debian package
- OpenWRT conversion scripts (not available publicly yet)
To avoid duplicity of information and ease maintenance, we want to transfer the "install" knowledge to the `mender` client repo, specifically to its Makefile `install` target.
The idea would be to reduce the user instructions to something simple like:
See the full discussion here
- Include both demo and production configuration templates in make install (e.g. mender.conf.demo, mender.conf.production)
- mender.conf.production uses Hosted Mender by default
- there is a documented (in README.md) way to cross-compile the Mender client during make
- README.md updated for make install