Status: To Do
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Epic Name:.deb dist i1 - Unify Debian package recipes
Risk & mitigation:TBD
Epic Total Estimate:5
The Debian community already has mender .deb packages in the official repos. They are already present stable Debian Buster, Ubuntu and Raspbian.
As Debian packages is a distribution method that we want to support anyway, we want to unify the efforts so that we can have better overview and support on the official.
This epic covers the initial infrastructure work.
- Ensure high quality .deb packages in Debian "downstream"
- Ensure user experience with mender packages is the same regardless of the distribution source
- Reuse building recipes
- Reuse QA Pipeline
- There is a known workflow to update the package recipes
- There is Git and CI infrastructure for the required repos (forks from Debian salsa)
- Packages have the same name ("mender" package to be renamed to mender-client)
- There is a mender mailing list for maintaining the packages
- All current packages in Debian are updated to latest Mender stable release
- The packages must be automatically generated in our build pipeline