In the new UI onboarding, the focus is for the user to use real devices potentially with no full dual rootfs integration. Our mender-docs tutorial still focuses on the virtual device and real devices with the demo images.
We want to keep them as aligned as possible.
- The mender-docs tutorial follows closer the new onboarding flow:
- "Install the mender server" should estate that client is an optional parameter
- "Deploy to physical devices" should go before the virtual ones, clarifying the difference between a demo integration and a full dual rootfs integration.
- "Deploy to virtual devices" page is removed.
- We keep the rpi/beagle demo images for now, but encourage the install of mender via the .deb package.
- The difference between full integration and use for application updates only (which is the case for onboarding) is outlined. More information of full integration is provided.