- The mender-artifact write module-image command must duplicate the artifact name in the artifact_provide -> rootfs-image.MODULE.version field, where MODULE is the payload type
- There must be a --no-default-software-version option to turn this off (for compatibility with old clients)
- There must be a --software-version VERSION field to set the field manually
- There must be a --software-name NAME option, which if specified, results in this key being used, rootfs-image.NAME.version, instead of rootfs-image.MODULE.version
- If the NAME given is the empty string, then the resulting key must be rootfs-image.version
- There must be a --software-filesystem option, which if specified, is used instead of rootfs-image
- If there are conflicting options (--software-version and --no-default-software-version together, for example), then the last option must take effect.
- --provides is also a conflicting option if, and only if, the KEY given matches what would have been produced by the "software" options. If it matches it is subject to the same conditions: The last option takes effect. Otherwise it acts on its own.
Feature branch name: feature-partial_updates