- Add the new field clears_artifact_provides to the type-info section of payloads
- The key shall accept a list of string values, nothing else
- When writing rootfs-image artifacts, by default they contain these entries:
- "rootfs_image_checksum" (For backwards compatibility reasons, if we had known it advance we would have called it rootfs-image.checksum instead, which would be covered by the previous entry)
- If --software-name is given, then only one entry must be included as the default: "rootfs-image.NAME.*". The checksum should be omitted in this case.
- If --software-filesystem is given, then only FS.* must be included in the default, where FS is the supplied value. The checksum should be omitted in this case.
- When writing module-image artifacts, by default they contain one single entry:
- "rootfs-image.MODULE.*", where MODULE is the payload type
- If --software-name is given, then replace MODULE with the name given
- If --software-filesystem is given, then replace rootfs-image with the value given
- There is an option, --clears-artifact-provides (no short flag, this is only expected to be used by generator scripts), to add more entries to the list
- There is an option, --no-default-clears-artifact-provides, to prevent the inclusion of the default entries
- After assembling all the entries, if the list is empty, it must not be included at all in the Artifact (to enable compatibility with old parsers)
- This must have a test
- There must be a private API for the client and for deployments to fetch the field
Feature branch name: feature/partial_updates