Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Days in progress:0
The new onboarding lets the user choose between Raspberry Pi or Virtual device. However our current yocto-based virtual device does not have package manager and are lacking some tools so it can not be used in the same way as the Raspberry Pi alternative (e.g. to install docker).
- New virtual device based on Debian family, e.g. Ubuntu
- QEMU with x86-64 architecture (for performance)
- Always up to date with latest stable Mender version
- Integrated into QA / CI system to ensure it works
- Delivered as Docker image (like our Yocto based variant)
Except for the Docker requirement, the Raspberry Pi image we distribute can be used for inspiration.