At the time of writing, mender-shell quits if it cannot connect when you first start it, but it should try to reconnect at regular intervals. I have not tested what happens if it loses the connection, but I suspect it may have similar issues.
- mender-shell tries to reconnect at regular intervals.
- It does not quit because of a broken or failed connection.
- There is an option in the mender-shell.conf file, ReconnectIntervalsSeconds with the following properties:
- The default is 300 seconds (5 min)
- If the dameon loses the connection, it will immediately try to reconnect once
- If the daemon fails to establish a new connection, it will wait the interval specified, and then try again.