Original task, before repurpose:
A big improvement in Mender 2.6 is the ability to show multiple application and system software version at the same time installed on the device.
However on current staging it seems to behave like Mender 2.5. Even though the column is renamed to "System software version" it behaves just like it did in Mender 2.5 - it is overwritten if you deploy an update with Update Modules.
All the versions are not shown any place either, as was the plan in the UX designs.
Is there some UI missing in master, or is this not yet deployed to staging?
To reproduce simply:
- Create a new account in staging
- Connect a device
- Deploy the demo update
It will overwrite the system version, which is not intended because it's using the "directory" Update Module.
- Make a PR where these fields are updated to 2.6.x release branches, and make sure it is built.
- Do not merge it, but close it after this task is done.
- During release, write instructions in test plan to take into account that one needs to use the demo artifact from the gitlab build artifacts, not the official one.
- When testing:
- System software version shows the rootfs image version
- All Update Module and system software versions are shown under the Device details