mender-convert does not have a simple way to enable "device demo setup", meaning installing all add-ons and configuration required.
There are a set of bootstrap-overlay-*-server.sh scripts that configure mender-client for the different server variants (demo, hosted, production) which also includes configuration of the client and mender-connect.
Lluis suggestion: bootstrap-overlay-*-server-sh should only configure server parameters, while the device side configuration should be achieved with a "demo" configuration.
With such design, we can centralized the add-ons installation and configuration in one place, and can be modified along with developing new add-ons or features.
Note that this design conflicts with the acceptance criteria of MEN-4212, where we planned to modify all the scripts to add mender-connect configuration.
From the user point of view, it would only imply adding --config configs/mender_convert_demo_config
- Have a "demo" configuration that by including it:
- All Mender add-ons are installed
- All Mender add-ons are configured
- mender-client.conf uses demo poll intervals
- Default configuration should:
- create mender-client.conf with production poll intervals
- Simplify bootstrap-overlay-*-server.sh to handle only server-side settings:
- demo: install certificate, modify /etc/hots, set ServerURL in mender-client.conf
- hosted: set ServerURL and TenantToken in mender-client.conf
- production: set ServerURL and optionally install cert
- All Mender Hub articles updated