When following Install using the APT repository from docs.mender.io on a Raspberry Pi fails with error:
This does not fail when using script from get.mender.io because the repo installation method is different (in the script we add it manually). See snippet below:
Once we are on it, we will update the script to best practice of using sources.list.d/mender.io instead of sources.list.
- Mender Docs instructions are aligned to get.mender.io script: install the repo manually.
- Switch in both places from appending to sources.list to best practice of creating dedicated file in sources.list.d
- echo "deb [arch=$ARCH] $REPO_URL $CHANNEL main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mender.io
- get.mender.io is idempotent with old configuration. For example removing the entry from sources.list before creating file in sources.list.d
- Something like: sed -i sources.list -e " $REPO_URL/d"