Currently, the GUI bash snippets configures the client for three different cases:
- OS demo: uses docker.mender.io as ServerURL, installs the demo certificate, sets the IP address on /etc/hosts
- HM: uses hosted.mender.io as ServerURL
- Enterprise: uses the browser URL (localhost) as ServerURL
The last case is intended for real Enterprise setups (the URL would be a URL with a CA validated certificate) but doesn't work for local testing.
Ideally, we should find a way to have an Enterprise setup run as OS demo (iow, using docker.mender.io, installing demo cert, setting IP address).
Update: After the discussion and inspection of the code, this task revealed a Mender 3.1.0 regression: On-boarding / "Connect a device" is broken for OS production on-prem setups.
- The shell snippets code support "OS production" setup
- The shell snippets code support "Enterprise demo" setup