Status: To Do
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Epic Name:App Updates i3: containers
Epic Total Estimate:62
Mender provides a docker update module. However, its implementation is basic and can be seen as a building block the users need to combine to implement their specific use-cases. This epic's goal is improving the Mender support for containerized workloads on devices.
- Out-of-the-box, production grade support for running containers at the edge
- Decreased time-to-value when running containers at the edge
- Mender can be used to deploy and update containers to the devices
- Mender integrates with Docker registries to pull images and package them as artifacts
- Containerized workloads are:
- tracked by Mender (inventory script) and visible in the Mender UI
- monitored by Mender (e.g. spurious restarts, failures)
- configurable by Mender (e.g. start/stop, restart, configure a container)
- Comprehensive documentation is available to users to run containers on devices and controlling them with Mender
- It is possible to use delta updates with containers.